- Email Marketing
- Responsive Email
- Email Templates
- HTML Email
- Email Layout
- Email Campaigns
- Email Development
- Email Production
My name is Sharon, but online I'm better known as Email Chic Geek.
I'm a Freelance Email Consultant and Developer.
I am a well-known and respected member of the wider email community.
I have almost 8 years' experience in Email Marketing, and have specialised in the coding of responsive emails, using HTML and CSS.
I am passionate about the quality of work I produce and I have built emails for a number of companies over the years including Disney (via MXW), The Trainline, Channel 4, Chelsea Football Club, EDF Energy and Deliveroo.
Why should you listen to me?
In my last permanent role, I was Technical Lead and Manager for the Email Development Team of CACI, a top London Digital Agency.
In October 2016 I spoke at the Email Innovation Summit in London, alongside the likes of, Dela Quist (CEO, Alchemy Worx), Bill McCloskey (Founder, Only Influencers), Justine Jordan (VP, Marketing of Litmus), Elliot Ross (Founder, ActionRocket), Mark Robbins (Developer, RebelMail) and Parry Malm (CEO of Phrasee).
And Phrasee seem to think I'm worth listening to:
- Who to follow: Sharon Jennings: https://phrasee.co/who-to-follow-sharon-jennings/
- Email marketing’s finest newsletters: https://phrasee.co/email-marketings-finest-newsletters
The email templates that I built for EDF Energy were used for an email that won two awards at the Masters of Marketing Awards - for Email Marketing and for Telecoms, Energy and Utilities. http://www.caci.co.uk/news/press-release/caci-email-studio-and-edf-energy-win-awards-festival-marketing
The guys at noble-email.com decided I was worth listening to enough to publish an article of mine in the first ever issue of the No BS Email Marketing guide. https://chicgeek.london/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/No_BS_Email_Marketing.pdf
I am in the Top 1,000 Email Experts on Twitter http://www.emailmarketingtipps.de/2015/06/25/top-1-000-email-experts-twitter/, and in the 60 people that Action Rocket would like at their epic email dinner party http://www.emaildesignreview.com/email-community/52-people-id-want-at-my-email-dinner-party-2925/
I have a CAM Diploma in Digital Marketing and CIM Professional Certificate of Marketing.
I was one of three finalists for the Digital Star award in the 2016 FDM everywoman in Technology Awards. https://www.everywoman.com/article/2016-fdm-everywoman-technology-awards-finalists-announced
Chic Geek Consultants Ltd
Director | Email Developer & Consultant1 - 5 Employees 2016 - Current
- Disney (via MXW)
- Warner Bros (via eye D)
- The Trainline
- Vauxhall (via MRM Meteorite)
- TSB (via MRM Meteorite)
- Pernod Ricard (via MRM Meteorite)
- Deliveroo (via Alchemy Worx)
- Leapfrog (via 360 Design)
The Office Dog
Director | Dog Trainer1 - 5 Employees 2016 - Current
Where every day is 'Take your Dog to Work' day.
Positive Trainer for aspiring office-friendly dogs and dog-friendly offices
Email Development Manager & Technical Lead100+ Employees 2013 - 2016
- Training & mentoring Email Developers in code and processes
- Building device responsive emails and templates for clients
- Performing code reviews on other Email Developers' work to ensure quality and consistency of code, and to help them to improve and progress
- Performing code reviews and email diagnostics on clients', and potential clients', current emails, and advising on ways to improve
- Established best practices in terms of design, code and processes for build of email templates to be used within CACI's own email CRM system, Email Studio
- Writing documentation on coding techniques and email developments
- Assisting on Email Developer interviews both for in-house hires, and for clients
- Built the templates for EDF Energy emails that won two Masters of Marketing Awards (Email Marketing and Telcos, Energy and Utilities) at the Festival of Marketing 2015
- Built email templates for Channel 4's 'All 4' launch in 2015
- Built email templates for Chelsea Football club site relaunch in 2014
Email Production Manager21 - 100 Employees 2013 - 2013
I managed a small team, working with other members of the CRM team, to send out emails to players.
Email Production Specialist100+ Employees 2012 - 2013
- Building html emails from designs, for internal and external clients.
- Compiled top-level reports on all campaigns, and more detailed analysis on company campaigns.
- Researched and created device-responsive emails (ie emails that change their look automatically when viewed on different devices for easy reading). Made presentations and wrote training documentation for others.
- Written email-related blogs for company website.
- Presented to colleagues company-wide on latest email developments.
- Assisted in pitches.
Digital Fundraiser - Email Specialist100+ Employees 2011 - 2012
- Construct HTML emails for the Fundraising Division, check coding and test prior to deployment.
- Monitor email workloads to ensure the timely delivery of emails to meet the organisation’s priorities.
- Support departments and teams to use email where it can make their fundraising more effective and reach new audiences.
- Work closely with the digital teams in the Communications function to ensure that the NSPCC’s email service provides the right support for fundraising and delivering the right messages/content for current supporters.
- Keep abreast of industry-wide email developments and to introduce them to the NSPCC as appropriate
Marketing Assistant100+ Employees 2009 - 2011
Amongst other administrative duties, promotional campaign administration including:
- List generation for all promotional campaigns
- Making any required changes to content of promotional emails in Dreamweaver
- Gaining approval and sign off of promotional campaign emails from campaign owner
- Sending promotional campaign emails & SMS texts
- Photography & Photoshop work for articles & mailers
- Video production (filming and editing) for online broadcast using Adobe Premiere
- * Proof reading of articles
- Creating, compiling & distributing daily, weekly and monthly marketing reports
TV & Film Production
Bournemouth University1999 - 2002
CAM Diploma in Digital Marketing
CIM Professional Certificate in Marketing
Clubs and Associations
Memeber of Only Influencers - The World's Trusted Community for Email Marketers
Interests and Hobbies
Dogs - currently training to become a dog trainer
Live Escape Games - locked in a room for one hour in a group of 4-6 people, and have to solve puzzles and codes to get out.