- Your strategy for exit
- Financial Engineering
- Manufacturing Speciality
- Cost Reduction - Significant
- sales development
- Exit Planning
- Exit Strategy
- Business Turnaround
- Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Strategy
- Operational Efficiency
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Maximising Sales Value
- My primary focus is on buying businesses to enable their owners to retire, or move on to other interests - this is done in such a way as to assist the sellers to achieve their (realistic) desired sales price without haggling down the price and maintaining the income source of the company employees.
- Investor in SME Turnaround and Exit Strategy: manufacturing companies, particularly electro-mechanics, t/o £500K to £10M.
- Specialist trained and extensively experienced in world-class leading, text book manufacturing companies.
- Not a traditional consultant - very flexible and accessible, focussed on relationship building
- Specialise in Exit Strategies, Sale of Company, and / or Mergers
- Maximising Business Sales Value
- Trouble shooting, business growth and financial engineering
Thank you for reading my profile.
I invest in and fix manufacturing and industrial services businesses.
I have come across many fine business owners who set maintaining the employment of the personnel who helped make the business viable to sell, as a high priority. Such honourable businesses are those I seek out to invest in.
A university, engineering-graduate, specialist-trained in the full spectrum of manufacturing efficiency and financial engineering by a far-sighted company: armed with my newly acquired MBA, I conducted an MBO in 1998. A satellite, electronics design and manufacture company, £6M turnover, 100 personnel, owned by a subsidiary of the global leader in textile machinery. The MBO included 2 other satellite companies of the subsidiary to form a £12M, 230 personnel, one-stop-shop, of electronics manufacture, sheet metal fabrication and CNC machining, over 3 sites. None of the MBA syllabus or university-taught-M&A techniques could be applied.
This experience led me to assisting SMEs, £500K to £10M, in the sectors of
- factory automation and robotics
to restructure their approach to electro-mechanics product development (from hand-held monitors to 15 tonnes x-ray equipment), manufacturing, procurement and logistics processes (achieving very significant cost reductions.)
but particularly in financial engineering strategies to fix cash-flow and debt problems, leading to increased revenue and profits.
That background led to today which sees me investing in, taking a repairing stake in or buying companies to assist business owners to retire and exit from their businesses to their comfort and tax advantage - always with the effort to save or increase jobs and remuneration.
If you seek to retire, are struggling with cash flow and/or debt, regard your business and personal guarantee as distressed and under threat of survival, or simply wish/need to depart from a profitable business in the most tax efficient way but have not found a buyer through the unnecessarily expensive (and often dead-end) process of sales brokers – please do discuss with me, as your options may well exceed what brokers (not all but some) advise as limited.
My greatest strength is in the manufacturing sector (electrical, electronics and metal), often, wrongly, described as capital intensive, but my work often brings me into contact with other sectors. For those approaches which are not my specialist field, I am able to refer them to a large network of investors – so, please do contact me.
New Operations Consulting
BSC Electrical and Electronics Engineering