- Strategic planning
- skilled negotiator
- Category Expert
- Brand Development
- Market Knowledge
- Cost Control
- margin maximisation
- successful promotional strateg
- Space Planning
- Communication Skills
- Leadership and Management
- Product Launches
- Product Development
- Product Knowledge
- Influencing Skills
- Team building
- team motivation
- Supplier Negotiation
- Supplier Strategy, execution
- Supply Chain
- Supplier Mannagement
- new concept development
- retail management
- Change Management
Over 30 years’ experience in retail, including, as Global Head of Category, responsibility for a turnover of over £375m, within 66 countries and working with over 240 brands. Passionate about brands/products and thrive on retail success from both brand and retailer perspective.
Considerable breadth and depth of knowledge in a wide range of categories including wine, food, fashion & fashion accessories, sunglasses, watches & jewellery, enables me to adapt my learnings to support and build your business.
Working extensively with a wide portfolio of suppliers from Luxury Houses such as Hermes, Bvlgari and Cartier to volume drivers such as Sekonda, Swatch Group, and Luxottica I have the diversity to adapt to the required market and identify potential new routes to market and advice on customer profiling.
Having an appreciation of current best practices for commercial buying teams in product/supplier sourcing, brand segmentation, category development, range building including seasonality, I can make strong recommendations to facilitate growth.
Moyra Race Strategic Buying Consulting Services
Global Head100+ Employees 2016 - 2017
Responsible for a category valued at £375m globally, 18 staff across 5 countries, stores in 66 countries and 240 brands across sunglasses, watches and jewellery. Managed the change process within the new company and developed a revised operating process globally.
Global Category Manager100+ Employees 2015 - 2016
Following the purchase of WDFG, completed in November 2015, this position had a buying capability of over £210m. Executed a new retail concept, working in partnership with key brand partners, empowered the team to deliver the brand mix and key personalisation on time and in full. Delivered company synergies valued at over 2.7m CHF in the first year.
World Duty Free Group
UK Category Buying Manager100+ Employees 2012 - 2015
Created and managed a team of Buyers, liaised with various departments to deliver a new category strategy, planning and executing over 10 major store refits. Controlled range sizes and stock densities to deliver optimum results.
O'Neill UK Ltd
UK Retail Manager100+ Employees 2009 - 2015
· Employed, trained, and developed a team of 70+ staff to redefine the O’Neill brand as a quality mid market fashion brand with exceptional customer service.
· A member of the Product Development Board for ladieswear, responsible for evaluating the suitability of the product selection for UK stores.
· Responsible for store layouts, guidelines, promotions, local pricing and stock requirements in liaison with the Head Office in Holland.
· Delivered costs within budgets and achieved turnover growth of 6% LFL in second year.
Retail Buying Director21 - 100 Employees 2007 - 2009
Responsible for all aspects of managing and operating the stores.
· Set budgets against agreed parameters, monitored daily progress and reported results weekly.
· Buying and merchandising all stock ensuring the appropriate ranges were listed, ordered and despatched, and merchandised to an optimum store layout.
· Managing retail staff and training on management leadership and coaching.
The Nuance Group
Buying Manager100+ Employees 1988 - 2007
· Sourced and negotiated terms for UK and European outlets, developed and selected products and adapted store ranges to maximise sales and profitability. Ensured margin maintenance and enhancement where possible.
Senior Buyer - Fashion, Accessories 1997 - 2005
· Established relationships with several major brands including Hugo Boss, Hermes and Bvlgari for mono-branded units, negotiating at all levels of management.
Buyer100+ Employees 1984 - 1988
Buyer – Delicatessen, Wines and Spirits